- Book Title: The Caligraphers Hand-book
- Author: C M Lamb
- ISBN: MW007131216
- Publisher: Faber and Faber
- Year Published: 1956
- Our Normal Price: £25.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £22.77 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Faber and Faber Ltd 1956: first edition blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: approximately 5.5 x 9 inches tall: 253 pages including index: inset examples of calligraphy and 50 black and white plates. Synopsis: A collection of instructive articles for calligraphers, edited by C. M. Lamb, and including the following essays:- 1) Pens, Pencils, Brushes, and Knives by William Bishop. 2) Pigments and Media by Dorothy Hutton. 3) Ink by M Therese Fisher. 4) Skins, Papers, Pounces by Margaret L. Hodgson. 5)Gilding by Irene Base. 6) The Design of Formal Scripts by John Woodcock. 7) T he Design of Manuscript Books and Inscriptions by M. C. Oliver. 8) Heraldry in Illuminated Manuscripts by William M. Gardner. 9) Cursive Handwriting by Alfred Fairbank. 10) The Binding of Manuscripts by Sidney M. Cockerell. 11) The Development of Illumination by M. C. Oliver. 12)Illumination and Decoration by Dorothy Hutton. 13) A Note on Simple Binding by Berthold Wolpe. The Volume Concludes with a Bibliography and Index. Condition: Some discoloration and edge rubbing to cover: ownership Inscription: Contents very clean and good: overall good and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Caligraphers Hand-book by C M Lamb. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Caligraphers Hand-book by C M Lamb.
We have many other books in our Art- Design, Drawings & Techniques section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Art- Design, Drawings & Techniques category.