Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
History / Politics-post 1940 / Nationalism and Communism in Chile by Ernst Halperin
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
- Book Title: Nationalism and Communism in Chile
- Author: Ernst Halperin
- ISBN: MW0074210
- Publisher: M I T
- Year Published: 1965
- Our Normal Price: £30.80 GBP ($40.66 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £27.72 GBP ($36.59 USD)
- Description: Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, Massachusetts 1965, first edition: blue cloth hardcover with silver lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 5.5 x 8.5 inches tall: 267 pages including index. Synopsis: A detailed assessment of the 1964 Presidential Contest, the implications for Chile's relationship with Cuba ,and the interactions among Chile's three Leftist Parties . Contents: 1.The Nationalism and Communism in Latin America ( Nationalism. Communism. Nationalists and Communists.) 2. Chile - A Latin American Democracy. ( Economic Difficulties. A Record of Political Stability. The Chilean Political System.) 3. The Communist Party of Chile and the Policy of the Peaceful Road.( The Popular Front Policy of Broad Alliances with Limited Aims . The Period of Clandestinity. The Policy of the Peaceful Road to Socialism. Repercussions of the Caribbean Crisis. Chinese Intervention.) 4. Nationalism and Socialism in the Policies of the Socialist Party of Chile. ( Relations with the Communists. Some aspects of Socialist Party History. Political Fashion And the Chilean Socialists. Raul Ampuero . Clodomiro Almeyda. Ampuero versus Almeyda.) 5. The Christian Democratic Alternative.( Oligarchs and Jesuits. The Falange Nacional . The Falange Moves Left. Democracia Christiana. Ideology and Program. A Reformist Party.) 6. The Presidential Election of 1964. ( The Candidates. The Campaign. The Election. The Election Aftermath.) 7. Conclusions. Appendix : The Ultraleft. ( Pro-Chinese Groups. Trotskyists and Semi-Trotskyists.) Bibliography. Index. Condition: edges of dust jacket slightly rubbed: ownership inscription: page edging foxed: overall clean, firm and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Nationalism and Communism in Chile by Ernst Halperin. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Nationalism and Communism in Chile by Ernst Halperin.
We have many other books in our Politics-post 1940 section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Politics-post 1940 category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.32 USD
in effect as of 2016-06-27