- Book Title: The Court of St James
- Author: E S. Turner
- ISBN: MW008525
- Publisher: Michael Joseph
- Year Published: 1959
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Michael Joseph 1959: first edition red cloth hardcover in dust jacket : approximately 6 x 9 inches tall : 382 pages including index: black and white illustrations. Synopsis: A history of the development and customs of the English Court, beginning with the Ambulant Court of the Mediaeval period, and tracing its progress until the reign of Queen Elizabeth II during the 20th century. A penetrating Social History , covering assorted officials, offices of state, entertainments, morals, manners, tastes , travels, treatment of guests and servants, internal battles, social changes and reforms, including those of Edmund Burke and Prince Albert. Condition: dust jacket stressed and with repairs: ownership inscription: slight age discoloration to endpapers: overall clean, firm and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Court of St James by E S. Turner. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Court of St James by E S. Turner.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.