- Book Title: English Blue and White Porcelain of the 18th-century
- Author: Stanley W. Fisher
- ISBN: MW0091187116
- Publisher: Batsford
- Year Published: 1947
- Our Normal Price: £52.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £47.52 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: B T Batsford Litd 1947: first edition blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering and line decoration to dust jacket: approximately 7.5 by 10 inches tall: 190 pages including index, monochrome photographic illustrations, colour plates, black and white patterns and marks. Synopsis: Dedicated by gracious permission to her Majesty Queen Mary, this comprehensive guide for the collector of 18th-century English blue and white porcelains covers the early soft paste productions of Bow , Chelsea, Lowestoft, Derby, Longton Hall, Bristol, Worcester, Caughley and Liverpool; and contains 45 monochrome plates, 4 in colour facsimile, and numerous reproductions of maker's marks. Contents: -- Foreword by Bernard Rackham. Author's preface. List of plates. Introduction. Decoration. Bow. Chelsea. Lowestoft. Derby. Longton Hall . Bristol (Redcliff Backs). Worcester. Caughley. Liverpool. On collecting. Marks. Notes on materials, manufacture and decoration. Chronology. Bibliography. Index. Condition: laminated cover to a slightly faded, slightly marked and slightly worn dust jacket: endpapers slightly foxed: overall very clean, firm, and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as English Blue and White Porcelain of the 18th-century by Stanley W. Fisher. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for English Blue and White Porcelain of the 18th-century by Stanley W. Fisher.
We have many other books in our Antiques- Ceramics section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antiques- Ceramics category.