Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Business / Economics, Finance, Business / Profits by William Trufant Foster and Weddill Catchings
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
- Book Title: Profits
- Author: William Trufant Foster and Weddill Catchings
- ISBN: MW009291967
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company
- Year Published: 1925
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($40.15 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($36.14 USD)
- Description: Houghton Mifflin Company 1925: first edition blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: no dust jacket: 465 pages including index: charts, tables, and graphs included. Synopsis: An attempt to answer the question ' Why is it impossible for the people as consumers, to acquire and enjoy all the commodities which, as produces , they are perfectly able and willing to make ' . Contents as follows: -- Part One: introductory. (The economic problem. Profits, the heart of industrial life. Various kinds of income. Various sources of profits.) Part Two: The necessity of profits and losses. (Profits and losses result from risks. Risks are due mainly to consumers freedom of choice. Reducing risk tends to reduce profits and losses. Reducing fluctuations in the price level tends to reduce profits and losses. Competition tends to reduce profits and losses.) Part Three:The amount and distribution of profits. (A statistical basis is essential. Profits are sometimes losses. Profits vary widely. Dividends and surplus vary widely from year to year. Relative incomes of labour and capital vary widely.) Part Four: The functions of prices and profits. (Buyers determine prices. Prices determine who gets the goods. Profits determine who produces the goods. Large profits are sometimes unavoidable. Government control of prices and profits is impracticable.) Part Five: Money and profits in relation to consumption. The economic problem again. Adequate income for consumers the chief needsnee. The universal fear of a deficiency of consumer purchasing power. The circuit flow of money and the annual equation. Corporate income and the annual equation. Individual income and the annual equation. The price level and the annual equation. The volume of money and the annual equation. Government finances and the annual equation. Other factors and the annual equation. Statistics and the annual equation. Conclusion.) Appendix: note to all chapters. Tables. Index. Condition: no dust jacket: small scars to front cover: spine ends and corners bumped: contents very clean: overall collectable and good
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Profits by William Trufant Foster and Weddill Catchings. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Profits by William Trufant Foster and Weddill Catchings.
We have many other books in our Economics, Finance, Business section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Economics, Finance, Business category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.46 USD
in effect as of 2016-05-24