- Book Title: Mechanised farming
- Author: Various foreword by Sir James Turner
- ISBN: MW0093271
- Publisher: Esso
- Year Published: 1950
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Esso 1950: Green hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 5.75 x 9 inches tall: 160 pages: black and white illustrations and green black and white diagrams throughout. Synopsis: Entitled mechanised farming: a complete Handbook for the modern farmer, this revised second edition includes five new chapters, was designed by a leading fuel company to promote the 1950 mechanised revolution in farming techniques, and was originally sold for eight shillings and sixpence. Diagrams and illustration accompany down-to-earth instruction and still relevent practical advice. Contents include: -- Foreword . Why Mechanise a Farm?. The Internal Combustion Engine. The Transmission System. The Right Tractor for the Job. Horticultural Cultivations. Spraying. The Tractor at Work: Ploughing , Row -Crop Cultivation, Implement Operation. The Power Lift and Its Implements. Fuels for Farmers. Farm Drying. The Importance of Lubrication. The Maintenance of Farm Implements. The Prevention of Rust. Fuel Storage. The Mechanised Dairy Farm: Milking, Cooling and Refrigeration, Sterilisation. Electricity on the Farm. Facts and Figures. A List of Esso Depots in 1950. Condition: dust jacket damaged and repaired: slight foxing to endpapers: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Mechanised farming by Various foreword by Sir James Turner. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Mechanised farming by Various foreword by Sir James Turner.
We have many other books in our Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. category.