- Book Title: Clean and Decent
- Author: Lawrenson Wright
- ISBN: MW0097321
- Publisher: Routledge and Kegan Paul
- Year Published: 1971
- Our Normal Price: £15.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £13.86 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1971: hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 5.75 by 8.75 inches tall: 282 pages including index: black and white illustrations, line drawings, and diagrams throughout. Synopsis: A comprehensive examination of the development of domestic sanitation subtitled- "The fascinating history of the bathroom and the water closet, and of sundry habits, fashion and accessories of the toilet." A wide- ranging account, employing humour and scholarship includes:- the early church and monastic bathing; ablutions in the Norman household; the Mediaeval tub; public baths; Royal baths and bathing habits ; the basin, the bidet and the pot; wash stands; domestic baths, water closets; etc, etc . Condition: upper edge of dust jacket rubbed : overall very clean and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Clean and Decent by Lawrenson Wright. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Clean and Decent by Lawrenson Wright.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.