- Book Title: Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Author: O Hood Phillips
- ISBN: MW0675329
- Publisher: Sweet and Maxwell
- Year Published: 1962
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($29.70 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £17.16 GBP ($23.17 USD)
- Description: Sweet and Maxwell 1962: red cloth hardcover with black title label to upper spine, gilt lettering and decoration. Approximately 5.5 x 9 inches tall: 855 pages. Contents: – Preface. Table of statutes. Table of cases. Part one: Introduction (Nature of Constitutional and Administrative Law. General Characteristics of the British Constitution. The Legislative Supremacy of Parliament. The Conventions of the Constitution.) Part two: Parliament. (The High Court of Parliament. Parliament and the Crown. The House of Lords. The House of Commons. The Parliamentary Franchise and Elections. The Lords and Commons in Conflict. Parliamentary Privilege. Parliamentary Procedure. National Finance.) Part Three: The Crown and the Central Government. (The Monarchy. The Royal Prerogative. The Privy Council. The Cabinet and the Prime Minister. The Central Government Departments and Civil Service. The Armed Forces.) Part Four: The Judicial System. (The Administration of Justice and Police. The Courts.) Part Five: The Rights and Duties of the Citizen. (Nationality, Citizenship and the Status of Aliens. Offences against the State. Freedom of Person and Property. Freedom of Speech. Right of Association and Public Meeting. Rights and Duties in Time of Emergency.) Part Six: Administrative Law. (Local Government. Public Corporations. Delegated Legislation. Administrative Jurisdiction. Judicial Control of Public Authorities: – one) Liability, two ) Remedies. Part Seven: The Commonwealth. (The United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. British Colonies. British Protectorates and Trust Territories. Independent Members of the Commonwealth.) Appendix: The South African Cape Coloured Voters Cases. Index. Condition: small adhesive mark from transparent plastic cover to endpapers: overall very clean and good. Please note a heavy book: shipping surcharge will apply.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Please note books ordered after 3pm on the 11th Feb 2017 (GMT) will be dispatched on the 22nd Feb 2017
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Constitutional and Administrative Law by O Hood Phillips. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Constitutional and Administrative Law by O Hood Phillips.
We have many other books in our Law section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Law category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.