- Book Title: Aristophanes Four Plays in English verse
- Author: Aristophanes. J H Frere
- ISBN: MW070707
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Year Published: 1943
- Our Normal Price: £9.90 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £8.91 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Humphrey Milford, Oxford University Press, 1943: small blue cloth hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 3.75 x 6 inches tall: 358 pages. Synopsis: Number 134 of the Oxford University series of 'The World's Classics', presenting four plays first produced in the open-air theatre of Dionysus at Athens (constructed circa 499 BC) at the time of Aristophanes. The four plays- translated into English verse by John Hookham Frere first printed for private circulation in 1839 , first published in the world's Classics in 1907- include The Acharnians, the Knights, The Birds, and the Frogs, and an introduction by W. W Merry, setting the scene of the original productions, precedes the texts. Condition: dust jacket edges severely rubbed: Price corner removed: overall clean and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Aristophanes Four Plays in English verse by Aristophanes. J H Frere. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Aristophanes Four Plays in English verse by Aristophanes. J H Frere.
We have many other books in our Literature - Poetry and Drama section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Literature - Poetry and Drama category.