Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Travel & Geography / The World - Its Countries, and Divisions / Rome by Edward Hutton
Monday, January 23, 2017
- Book Title: Rome
- Author: Edward Hutton
- ISBN: MW098675212
- Publisher: Hollis and Carter
- Year Published: 1950
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($27.28 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($24.55 USD)
- Description: Hollis and Carter 1950: revised and enlarged seventh edition of the first 1911 publication: red cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: no dust jacket: 297 pages including index: full-page black and white photographic illustrations. Synopsis: The revised and enlarged seventh edition of Edward Hutton's history and guide featuring 1950s Rome. The contents include: -- Ava Roma Immortalis. The Capitol. The Forum. The Palatine Hill. The Colosseum. The Pantheon. The Forum and Column of Trajan. The Baths of Caracalla. Via Dell' Impero -- the Rome of Mussolini. The Catacombs. San Clemente and Santi Quattro Goronati. Santa Pudentiana . Santi Cosma E Damiano. Santa Maria Antiqua and Santa Francesca Romana. Santa Maria In Cosmedin and San Giorgio in Velabro. Santa Prassede. San Giovanni In Laterano. Santa Groce in Gerusalemme. San Paolo Fuori Le Mura. Santa Maria Maggiore. San Lorenzo Fuori Le Mura. Sant' Agnese Fuori Le Mura and Santa Costanza . Saint Peter's. The Vatican. Castel Sant' Angelo. Santa Maria and Santa Cecilia in Trastevere -- the work of Pietro Cavallini. Santa Maria Sopra Minerva. The Aventine and its Churches. The Coelian Hill and Its Churches. Roma Barocca. The Pontifical National Colleges in Rome. The Pincio -- Santa Maria Del Popolo. The Janiculum -- San Pietro In Montorio -- Sant' Onofrio. The Galleries of Sculpture. The Fountains. Some Palaces and Villas. The Campagna. Appendices: List of Christian Mosaics in Rome. List of Chief Baroque Architectural Works in Rome by Carlo Maderna , Bernini, Borromini, and Pietro Da Cortona. List of Pictures of the 17th Century in Rome. Index. Condition: No dust jacket: cover slightly scratched: ownership inscription- Charles Ransom, Rome 1959: endpapers slightly foxed: overall clean, firm, and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Rome by Edward Hutton. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Rome by Edward Hutton.
We have many other books in our The World - Its Countries, and Divisions section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire The World - Its Countries, and Divisions category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.24 USD
in effect as of 2017-01-23