Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Arts / Antique & Vintage Books / The Badminton Library. Riding. Polo. by Robert Weir, Moray Brown T F Dale and others
Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Book Title: The Badminton Library. Riding. Polo.
- Author: Robert Weir, Moray Brown T F Dale and others
- ISBN: MW54342414
- Publisher: Longmans Green and company
- Year Published: 1899
- Our Normal Price: £44.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £39.60 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Longmans Green and company 1899, fourth edition: decorative brown hardcover approximately 5.5 x 7.7 inches tall: 423 pages including index: 24 full-page black and white illustrations: 37 black and white illustrations in text. Synopsis: An edition of the Badminton Library series entitled Riding. Polo, described in the preface as (quote) produced to supply the want of Encyclopaedia to which the inexperienced man, who sought guidance in the practice of the various British sports and pastimes, could turn for information. The book is divided into two sections entitled Riding and Polo, each with many illustrations and the following chapters : – Introduction by His Grace the Duke of Beaufort. Part One: Riding. Riding to Hounds by the Earl of Suffolk and Berkshire. The Saddle Horse by Alfred E T Watson. Training the Young Horse by Robert Weir. Hints on Horsemanship by Robert Weir. Hands and Seat by Robert Weir. Race Riding by Alfred E T Watson. The Colonial Horse by the Earl of Onslow ( Governor of New Zealand) . Early History of Horsemanship by E L Anderson. Part Two: Polo. Introduction. The Antiquity of Polo. Polo in England. Polo in India. American, Foreign and Colonial Polo. Grounds, Walls, Sticks, and Goalposts. Saddles, Bridles, Bits, and Stable Management. Polo Ponies. Training of Polo Ponies. How to Learn Polo. The Game. Some Famous Players and Ponies. Comparative Tables of Rules. Bibliography of Polo. Index. Condition: corners slightly bumped: edges and spine ends rubbed: ownership inscription to front end paper inscribed Robert D J Mein Austin. A small smattering of light foxing to preliminary pages: overall very clean, firm and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Badminton Library. Riding. Polo. by Robert Weir, Moray Brown T F Dale and others. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Badminton Library. Riding. Polo. by Robert Weir, Moray Brown T F Dale and others.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.