- Book Title: The Reign of Elizabeth 1558 – 1603
- Author: J. B. Black
- ISBN: MWB11555832
- Publisher: Oxford University press
- Year Published: 1936
- Our Normal Price: £25.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £22.77 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Oxford at the Clarendon press, 1936 first edition: dark blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: approximately 5.6 x 8.75" tall: 448 pages: black and white folding maps: genealogical tables. Synopsis: An in-depth study of all aspects of the reign of Elizabeth the First, with particular emphasis to social and cultural affairs. Contents: – preface. One) The Queen and the religious settlement. Two) England and France. Three) Mary Stuart and the succession. Four) Years of crisis: 1568 – 75. Five) Catholic and Puritan. Six) The constitution. Seven) The expansion of England, and the economic and social revolution. Eight) Flat, art and thought. Nine) Elizabeth and the Netherlands, 1575 – 86. 10) The execution of Mary Stuart: the Spanish Armada. 11) The last years of the reign. 12) The Irish problem. The End. Bibliography. Lists of the holders of certain offices. Index. Maps. Genealogical tables. Condition: cover corners slightly rubbed: ownership inscription dated 1936 to front end favour: miniscule stain to lower margin of contents and facing pages: sporadic light foxing to reverse of maps. Overall, very clean, firm and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Reign of Elizabeth 1558 – 1603 by J. B. Black. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Reign of Elizabeth 1558 – 1603 by J. B. Black.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.