- Book Title: The Antarctic Challenged
- Author: Admiral Lord Mountevans
- ISBN: MWB515253
- Publisher: Staples Press
- Year Published: 1955
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Staples Press 1955, first edition: blue cloth hardcover: no dust jacket: maps to end papers : 191 pages including index: 24 black and white photographic illustrations. Synopsis: Written by the Captain of the Terra Nova , Second in Command to Robert Falcon Scott , this illustrated survey of international attempts to conquer the Antarctic was written 43 years after the author waved good bye to Scott’s expedition as they strode away across the Beardmore Glacier. The volume includes accounts of Scott’s first and last expeditions, the pioneer work by D’Urville, Wilkes and Ross, Shackleton’s journey to the Plateau, Amundsen’s triumph, Mawson’s first Australian expedition, Admiral Byrd’s first and second expeditions, The Norwegian- British -Swedish Expedition and “Operation High Jump.”
Condition: no dust jacket: spine slightly shelf faded :ownership inscription: a few foxing marks to end papers and cut edges: overall clean , firm and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Antarctic Challenged by Admiral Lord Mountevans. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Antarctic Challenged by Admiral Lord Mountevans.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.