- Book Title: Political Theories from Rousseau to Spencer
- Author: William Archibald Dunning
- ISBN: MWB726983111
- Publisher: Macmillan
- Year Published: 1920
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: The Macmillan Company, New York 1920: brown cloth hardcover with gilt lettering and line decoration to spine: approximately 5.75 x 8.75" tall: 446 pages with brown to upper edge including index. Contents: – Chapter 1: Jean-Jacques Rousseau. (Source and Method of his Philosophy. Nature and Society. The Social Contract. Sovereignty and Law. Government. Strength and Influence of Rousseau's Work. References) Chapter 2: the Rise of Economic and Journalistic Science. (European Politics and World Politics. French Social and Moral Philosophy. Physiocrats and Economists. Adam Ferguson. The Legalists. References) Chapter 3: the American and the French Revolution (General Trend of Events. American Ideas and Influence. Sieyes.Condorcet. Thomas Paine. The French Constitutions. Conclusion. References). Chapter 4: The German Idealists. (Immanuel Kent. Johann Gottlieb Fichte. Wilhelm von Humboldt. Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel. Influence of the German Idealists. References) Chapter 5: Theories of Conservation and Reaction. ( General Character and Influence. Edmund Burke. The Marquis de Bonald. Joseph de Maistre. Ludwig von Haller. References). Chapter 6: The English Utilitarians. (Progress of Social and Political Reform. Jeremy Bentham. John Austin. John Stuart Mill. Conclusion. References.) Chapter 7: Theories of Constitutional Government. (The Struggle for Constitutions on the Continent. Types of Realized Constitutions. Benjamin Constant: His Theory of the Royal Power. Guizot , the Doctrinaire.Tocqueville and the Realised Democracy. German Constitutional Theory: The Bundesstaat. Conclusion. References.) Chapter 8: The Theory and Practice of Nationalism. (The Struggles for National Independence and Unity. Theory of the State as Sovereign Person. The Nation as a Unit of Race and Language. The Nation as a Geographic Unit. Nation and Nationality. The National State. Summary and Conclusion. References.) Chapter 9: Societarian Political Theory. (The Rise of Socialism and of Sociology. Owen and Fourier. Saint-Simonian Doctrine. The Beginnings of Anarchism. Marxist Doctrine. Lorenz Von Stein. Auguset Comte. Herbert Spencer. General Influence of Societerian Theory. References.) Chapter 10: The General Course of Political Theory. Condition: no dust jacket: ownership inscriptions and a few faint fox marks to end paper: overall, very clean, firm and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Political Theories from Rousseau to Spencer by William Archibald Dunning. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Political Theories from Rousseau to Spencer by William Archibald Dunning.
We have many other books in our Philosophy & Psychology section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Philosophy & Psychology category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.