- Book Title: Coopers Creek
- Author: Alan Moorhead
- ISBN: MWB99911
- Publisher: Hamish Hamilton
- Year Published: 1963
- Our Normal Price: £38.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £34.65 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Hamish Hamilton 1963, first edition: decorative yellow hardcover : dust jacket designed by Sidney Nolan: approximately 14 x 22 cm tall: maps to endpapers: 222 pages including index: black and white photographic illustration and drawings. Synopsis: Alan Moorhead's scholarly reconstruction of the Burke and Wills 1860 Expedition based on Melbourne's State Library's Expedition documents, the Explorer's diaries and letters , the evidence of the Royal Commission and his own expedition following the Explorer's route, camping where the Explorers camped, attempting to see the terrain through their eyes. Chapter headings are as follows: The Ghastly Blank. Sturt. The Expedition Assembles. The Journey to Menindie. Menindie to Cooper's Creek. To the Gulf. The Rearguard. The Return from the Gulf. Back to Menindie. . Towards Mount Hopeless. The Rescue Party Set out. Howittt's March. Back to Melbourne. The Royal Commission. The Public Penance. Note. Index. Condition: small repairs to upperdust jacketi: price corner intact: ownership inscription: overall very clean, firm and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Coopers Creek by Alan Moorhead. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Coopers Creek by Alan Moorhead.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.