- Book Title: The Comic History of England
- Author: Gilbert Abbott A' Beckett
- ISBN: MWO0251009
- Publisher: George Routledge
- Year Published: Undated circa 1890
- Our Normal Price: £66.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £59.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: George Routledge & Sons undated but circa 1890, described as new edition: blue cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to front and spine: gilt decoration depicting three people in boat to front : approximately 5.5 x 2 x 8.7inches tall: 634 pages: reproductions of 200 engravings by John Leech : 20 page illustrations. Synopsis: An amusingly illustrated humorous account of English history; the author describing his work in the preface as an attempt ' to blend amusement with instruction, by serving up, in as palatable a shape as he could, the facts of English history.' Condition: cover edges rubbed: with slight separation to upper spine/front cover: small area of wear spine/back cover: corners and spine ends bumped: some separation to endpaper hinges : contents clean: overall acceptable and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Comic History of England by Gilbert Abbott A' Beckett. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Comic History of England by Gilbert Abbott A' Beckett.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.