Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Travel & Geography / The World - Its Countries, and Divisions / Imperial Peking. Seven centuries of China by Lin Yutang
Sunday, September 19, 2021
- Book Title: Imperial Peking. Seven centuries of China
- Author: Lin Yutang
- ISBN: MWO0446677
- Publisher: Elec books
- Year Published: 1967
- Our Normal Price: £26.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £23.76 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Elec Books Ltd, 1967: second impression of the 1961 edition: hardcover in dust jacket: approximately 8 by 11 inches tall: 227 pages including index: Black and white and colour illustrations: many full-page. Synopsis: A history and account of Peking, one of the oldest existing centres of civilisation, written by a former resident. Lin Yutang records the capital city's historical achievements of a thousand years; the art and architecture; the temples of Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoisism: the palaces, pagodas, and the pavilions of imperial pleasure and fantasy; the influence of warlords,dowagers and concubines; the architecture, art, painting and calligraphy; and the life, belief and fancies of the people in the 20th century and the Ming, Yuan, and Chin periods. The text is supported by 119 illustrations and 12 maps and diagrams . Condition edges of dustjacket rubbed and with small repairs: overall very clean and good
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Imperial Peking. Seven centuries of China by Lin Yutang. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Imperial Peking. Seven centuries of China by Lin Yutang.
We have many other books in our The World - Its Countries, and Divisions section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire The World - Its Countries, and Divisions category.