Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Non-Fiction / Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. / Freams Elements of Agriculture 12th edition by William Fream. Rowland H Biffen.
Sunday, September 20, 2020
- Book Title: Freams Elements of Agriculture 12th edition
- Author: William Fream. Rowland H Biffen.
- ISBN: MWO059124
- Publisher: John Murray
- Year Published: 1932
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: John Murray 1932: Blue cloth hardcover approx. 5.2 x 8.75nches tall: 720 pages including index: black and white photographic illustrations, diagrams, charts and tables. Synopsis: The 12th edition of Elements of Agriculture first written and edited by the late Dr. Wm. Fream at the request of the Royal Agricultural Society of England . This edition, the lineal descendant of the first seven editions, an eighth edition edited by Prof J R Ainsworth- Davis in 1911, and the three subsequent editions, was revised and substantially rewritten under the auspices of the staff of the Cambridge School of Agriculture and the editorship of Prof. Sir Rowland H Biffen, and provides a comprehensive picture of English agriculture in the 1930's. Contents: – The formation, distribution, classification and properties of soils. Farm implements. Tillage. Drainage. Manures and manuring. Sequence of cropping. Farm crops. The cultivation and harvesting of cereals. The cultivation of pulse and forage crops. Seed rate and sowing. Weeds. The grasses: systematics and biology of. Grassland: formation and manuring of. Ensilage and haymaking. Hardy fruit culture and market gardening. The diseases of plants caused by fungi. The principles of plant and animal breeding. Structures and functions of the animal body. Foods and feeding. The Horse : breeds and management. Cattle: breeds, types, management and breeding. Sheep: their management and breeds. Pigs: economics, feeding and general management, breeds. Poultry and poultry keeping. Animal production. Dairy products. Animal hygiene. Insects. Index. Condition: slight wear to cover with corners and spine ends bumped: ownership inscription: repair to page 113: contents very clean: overall clean and good
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Freams Elements of Agriculture 12th edition by William Fream. Rowland H Biffen.. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Freams Elements of Agriculture 12th edition by William Fream. Rowland H Biffen..
We have many other books in our Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. category.