Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Science & Mathematics / Science, Chemistry & Invention / The efficient use of fuel by The Ministry of Fuel and Power. The Board Of Education
Tuesday, May 03, 2016
- Book Title: The efficient use of fuel
- Author: The Ministry of Fuel and Power. The Board Of Education
- ISBN: MWO05913
- Publisher: HMSO
- Year Published: 1964
- Our Normal Price: £35.75 GBP ($52.20 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £32.18 GBP ($46.98 USD)
- Description: The Efficient Use of Fuel: a textbook on fuels and their efficient utilisation for the use of students and technical men in industry. Her Majesty's Stationery office 1964 , second impression with amendments of the 1958 second edition: black cloth hardcover: approximately 6 x 2 by 9.75 inches tall: 888 pages including index: black and white diagrams, charts, and tables throughout: fold-out red and black psychometric chart showing dry bulb temperature. Contents: Chapters entitled as follows: – Introductory. Coal and other fossil fuels. Fuel derived from coal. Petroleum fuels. Storage of coal. The chemical principles of combustion and gasification. Heating effects on combustion and gasification. Combustion of solid fuels in practice. Heat transmission. The flow of fluids. Stoking and boiler operation. Pulverised fuel and the cyclone furnace – the gas turbine. Utilisation of liquid fuels. Steam boilers. Boiler auxiliary plant. Water treatment. The properties and uses of steam. Gas producers. Furnaces – general principles. Furnaces – construction and operation – special types. Waste heat recovery. Electric furnaces. Refractory and insulating materials. Space heating. Drying and conditioning. Heat balances of furnaces and boilers. Instrumentation. Thermostatic control. Sampling of fuels. Analysis of fuels. Appendix A: units and conversion factors. Appendix B: statistics of fuel and energy resources and consumption. Appendix C: area of British coalfields and respect of production figures. Appendix D: Steam tables. Index. Condition: cover corners slightly rubbed: contents very clean: overall clean, firm and good. Please note a heavy volume-shipping surcharge will apply
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The efficient use of fuel by The Ministry of Fuel and Power. The Board Of Education. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The efficient use of fuel by The Ministry of Fuel and Power. The Board Of Education.
We have many other books in our Science, Chemistry & Invention section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Science, Chemistry & Invention category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.46 USD
in effect as of 2016-05-03