- Book Title: Up and Down Asia
- Author: George N Patterson
- ISBN: MWO062395
- Publisher: Faber and Faber
- Year Published: 1958
- Our Normal Price: £16.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Faber and Faber, 1958 first edition: turquoise cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: approximately 5.5 x 8.75 inches tall: 150 pages. Synopsis: The author chronicles journeys in Asia made as a missionary during the middle years of the 20th century. His lively impressions of landscapes, events and people encountered are arranged as follows:– Part One: Vehicles I Have Ridden on (The Flood, the 'Plane and the Nightgown. A Bus in Singapore. A Rickshaw in Shanghai. A Gharry in Calcutta. A Train to Madras. A Sports Car to the Punjab.) Part Two: People I Have Talked with. (The Chinese Artist and the Painting. The American Psychologist and Dreams. The Princess and the Angels. The Indian Communists and Conversation. Madame X and Father Morse. Prince of the Mongols and an Asian trek. Wee Forfar and the Testimony.) Part Three: Dilemmas I Have Been In. (Arrested for Spying in Chungking. The Tibetan Chieftain and the French Girl. The Hunt, the Carcass, and the Heart. The Prince, the Colonels, and the Lady. The Dalai Lama's Brother and the Communists. A Night with a b where berserk Tibetan. The Dalai Lama's Mother and Her Message to the World.) Part Four: Houses I Have Been to. (A night with a Chinese Woodcutter. The Bhutanese Delilah and the Beard. Conversation with a Chinese Hostess. Violence in Tagore's Santineketan. Bringing in the New Year with the Khambas. Reporter's education in the Himalayan Hotel. Anthropology in a Calcutta Brothel.) Part five: Situations I Have Been Embarrassed by. (The Tibetan Chieftain and the Gospel Hall. Teaching Tibetans to Swim. The City and the Sword. Eve and the Apple. A Surgeon, a Doctor, and Me.) Condition no dust jacket: cover edges slightly rubbed: ex-Ipswich Institute library book with small sticker, sticker remnants, and stamps: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Up and Down Asia by George N Patterson. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Up and Down Asia by George N Patterson.
We have many other books in our Adventure Exploration & Travel section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Adventure Exploration & Travel category.