- Book Title: A Boy Goes Trouting
- Author: G PR Balfour-Kinnear
- ISBN: MWO062957
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson and Son
- Year Published: 1959
- Our Normal Price: £17.60 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £15.84 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Thomas Nelson and Son 1959: green cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: dust jacket: approximately 5 x 7.5" tall: 226 pages including index: black and white photographic illustrations and diagrams. Synopsis: Concentrated instruction on how to catch trout designed for the beginner but of equal interest to the expert fisherman. Based on a successful and experienced angler's fishing career, observations and instruction on technique, river craft, equipment and seasonal influences are arranged as follows: – Part One: Worming (Tackle. Knots. Looking after worms. Fishing a burn. Clearwater worming. Worming with Polaroid glasses). Part Two: Wet Fly Fishing (Casting a fly. Wet fly in a river. You fish the river. Wet fly in a loch. Fishing with a nymph. The flies and the seasons.) Part Three: Dry-Fly Fishing (Dry- fly fishing. Advanced dry- fly fishing. Dry fly on a loch.) Part Four: Minnow Fishing (Catching and preserving minnows. Fishing a river with minnow. A drop minnow. Fishing a loch with minnow. About spoons.) Part Five: Miscellaneous. (About waders and wading. Losing tackle. Is this a loch worth fishing? Can trout hear and smell? A trout's camouflage. How weather affects the fishing. Educated and ignorant trout. Wasp grubs, creepers, maggots and dock grubs. Dapping with a blow line. Seagulls as guides . When is a trout worth eating? Reservoirs may be dangerous to wade. Pro bono publico. How to cook trout. In conclusion.) Index. Condition: Dust jacket tired with small stains and repaired edges: hardcover and contents clean and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as A Boy Goes Trouting by G PR Balfour-Kinnear. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for A Boy Goes Trouting by G PR Balfour-Kinnear.
We have many other books in our Angling section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Angling category.