Total Items = 0
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Arts / Antique & Vintage Books / The Image of War A Sporting Autobiography by Snaffle -Robert Dunkin
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
- Book Title: The Image of War A Sporting Autobiography
- Author: Snaffle -Robert Dunkin
- ISBN: MWOO77619
- Publisher: William Blackwood
- Year Published: 1914
- Our Normal Price: £55.00 GBP ($72.60 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £49.50 GBP ($65.34 USD)
- Description: William Blackwood, 1914 first edition: brown cloth hardcover with gilt lettering and black decoration to front, gilt lettering to spine: approximately 14 x 5 x 23 cm tall: 418 pages including index plus publisher's list: gilt to upper edges: coloured frontispiece by Lucy Kemp -Welch. Synopsis: Robert Dunkin's autobiographical account of a sporting life in England, Ireland, the Balkans, the Ardennes, Ceylon, India, Gibraltar, Joura, Cyprus etc; dedicated to his Royal Highness, Don Miguel, Duke of Braganza, and with contents presented under the following headings: - In the Jungle. The Old Pack. Buck Shooting in the Mairwarra Country. The Best Run I Ever Saw. Blue-Bull Shooting. A Christmas Week in Hampshire. On the West Coast of Ceylon. Foxhunting-Early and Late. Roe-shooting in the Balkans. With the Killing Kildares. My first Chamois. Our Opening Day. A Christmas shoot in the Ardennes. With the N.F.F.H. A Solitaire. The Chase of the Wild Deer in England. In Epirus. With the Grafton. My First Ibex. With the Pytchley. Shark Shooting in the Mauritius. Hunting in the Indies. Across Bosnia. The Calpe Hunt. Ibex-stalking in Antimilo. Some Masters of Hounds. In An Indian Forest Reserve. Over the Border. After Ibex in Jura. The Woodland Pytchley. How I Became an Outlaw. The Fitzwilliam. The Ibex of Iberia. With Mr Fernie. Moufflon-shooting in Cyprus. A Strange Experience. Appendix A: On the wild goats of Greece. Appendix B: On the annihilation of big game in Greece. Appendix C:The Sportsman's rifle-sight. Appendix D: Sporting rifles and ammunition. Condition: corners and spine ends bumped: 3 cm area of adhesive to centre spine: endpapers darkened by age: occasional foxing to margins with heavier foxing pages 1 - 9 and index: overall clean firm and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent family run online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Image of War A Sporting Autobiography by Snaffle -Robert Dunkin. We offer a used and out of print book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Image of War A Sporting Autobiography by Snaffle -Robert Dunkin.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.
£1.00 GBP: $1.32 USD
in effect as of 2016-08-24