- Book Title: The Countryside Companion
- Author: Tom Stephenson- editor
- ISBN: mw0010085
- Publisher: Odhams Press Ltd.
- Year Published: 1946
- Our Normal Price: £14.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £12.87 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Odhams Press Ltd 1946; green cloth hardback with oast house in country scene to front cover ; 383 pages. Synopsis: A celebration of the English countryside, including the following articles by various authors: – Introduction, How to See the Countryside. Making the Most of the Map. Features of the Village. Rights of the Wayfarer. Inn Names and Signs- all by Tom Stephenson. Wild Animals of the Countryside. Nature by Night-. Both by Francis Pitt. Flowers of Field and Woodland. Countrymen's Diary.-both by Hudson Read. Weather Lore. Stiles and Gates- both by I O Evans. Life on a Farm by John Morgan. Rural Craftsmen by A L Hatton. Trees of the Countryside by Major A. W. Holbrook. Bird Life by Norman F. Ellison. The Insect World by W Percival Westell. Creatures of This Seashore by LR Brightwell. Camping and Caravanning by W. G. Biller .contemporary black and white photographic illustrations . Condition: Some shelf-fading and age discolouration to spine, front and back covers: front end papers (decorated with country scenes) lightly foxed. Overall clean, firm and acceptable/good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Countryside Companion by Tom Stephenson- editor. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Countryside Companion by Tom Stephenson- editor.
We have many other books in our Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. category.