Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Literature & Fiction / Literature Prose & Linguistics / An Anglo-Saxon Reader with notes and glossary by Alfred J Wyatt
Thursday, January 20, 2022
- Book Title: An Anglo-Saxon Reader with notes and glossary
- Author: Alfred J Wyatt
- ISBN: mw0011212
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Year Published: 1959
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Cambridge University press 1959: hardcover in dust jacket, with transparent outer cover: 360 pages including index. Synopsis: Early West Saxon prose, later prose, and poetry presented with comprehensive notes, glossary and index . Contents: One-Early West Saxon prose: the Chronicles 755 to 897AD.Alfred's Orosius, Cura Pastoralis. Two- Later prose: Apollonius of Tyre. AElfric's colloquy. Solomon and Saturn. The Alfredian Bede. Alfred's Boethius. Gregory's dialogues. The Chronicle (921 to 1012 AED). AElfric's Homilies. Sermo Lupi. The harrowing of hell. Laws. The Benedictine ruls. Charters. Leechdoms. Preface to Alfred's Blooms. Three- Poetry: Charms. Riddles. Gnomic verses. Deor. The husband's message. The wanderer. Waldere . Beowulf. Judith. The dream of the rood. The Phoenix. Juliana. St Guthlac. The Latin genius. The battle of Brunnanburg. The Battle of Maldon. Solomon and Saturn. Glossary. Condition: the occasional pencil notation: ownership inscription: slight discoloration to end papers from transparent outer cover adhesive: overall very clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as An Anglo-Saxon Reader with notes and glossary by Alfred J Wyatt. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for An Anglo-Saxon Reader with notes and glossary by Alfred J Wyatt.
We have many other books in our Literature Prose & Linguistics section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Literature Prose & Linguistics category.