- Book Title: Discovering antiques volumes 1 to 5
- Author: Various
- ISBN: mw001231666
- Publisher: Purnell
- Year Published: Undated but circa 1970
- Our Normal Price: £110.00 GBP ($146.30 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £99.00 GBP ($131.67 USD)
- Description: Purnell, undated but circa 1970 : five red hardback folders containing a collection of magazines: gilt lettering to spine: gilt decoration to front and spine: approximately 9 .5 x 12 inches tall: 1920 pages plus index: colour illustrated throughout. Synopsis : a collection of magazines to aid the antique collector with detailed history and description covering a wide variety of antiques. Contents: Volume 1. The age of Gloriana. The splendour of the high Renaissance . France in the 16th century. Art for the Habsburg monarchy. Craftsmen and the guilds. Prosperity under King and Commonwealth. High Baroque interiors. The golden century. Culbert and the style of Louis 14th. The flamboyant years. Versailles -- A Paragon of palaces. The grandeur of the baroque palace. Great William and Mary interiors. Colonial America. Kingdom of the Czars. Volume 2 -- Grinling Gibbons. Prosperity achieved. A reign of unpretentious elegance. The Vienna of Maria Theresa. The Ottoman Empire. The Regence of Philippe d'Orleans. The magnificent reign of Shah Abass. The grand manner of the Palladian this. Colonial architecture. The craft guilds of Paris. 18th-century room arrangement. Madame de Pompadour. Fun and games. The meeting of East and West. Georgian spars and watering places. Venice. Volume 3 -- Kitchens in Georgian England. Small rococo rooms. The grand tour and the collector. The Palazzo in Italy. Louis 15 and the seven years War. The delights of the East. German rococo interiors. Walpole and strawberry hill. Le style Marie Antoinette. The re-creation of antiquity. The emergence of a national style. The English Garden. China and Japan. Georgi in London. Life in provincial France. English libraries and their furniture. Volume 4. The Irish country house. French neoclassicism. Magnificent decadence. English rural life and coaching. The French directoire. St Petersburg. The Carlton house set. Imperial residences. Brighton and the Prince Regent. Scottish domestic architecture. The age of Metternich. The Victorian way of life. The age of Jefferson. French interiors. Volume 5. India and the Raj. The Victorian way of death. Haussmanns Paris. The Victorian interior. The war between the states. The green exhibition. Queen Victoria's palaces. The vogue for oriental art in Europe. The arts and crafts movement. Symbolist Paris. Horta. American folk Art. Victorian nursery life. Vienna in the 1890s. Mansions for millionaire . The aesthetic movement. Index Condition ownership inscription inside each cover: occasional foxing: overall very clean and good. heavy -- please e-mail for shipping costs
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Discovering antiques volumes 1 to 5 by Various. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Discovering antiques volumes 1 to 5 by Various.
We have many other books in our Antiques & Collectables - General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antiques & Collectables - General category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.