- Book Title: Cape Cameos
- Author: Barbara Campbell Tait
- ISBN: mw0012317
- Publisher: Stuart, Cape Town
- Year Published: 1948
- Our Normal Price: £15.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £13.86 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Stuart, Cape Town, June 1948: Green cloth hardcover: no dust jacket: 263 pages: black and white photographic illustrations: fold -in map. Synopsis: A descriptive guide to Cape Town, recounting historical detail and describing both the historic and 1940's features of the South African Cape Peninsular. Contemporary photographs support the text. Chapters entitled: -- Adderley Street. Cape Doctor. Corner-stone. Old faces in the Strand. Noon. Government Avenue. Cape Town's Westminster Abbey. Watchman, what of the night?. Houses of Parliament. Newsboys. Fire ! fire! Hansom cab. Slave Mart. Thatched Tavern. Haunted house. Ticket to Olympus. Kitchen garden. Government House. "Buy my flowers". Sentry in bronze. Carnival. Grand Parade. First Theatre. St George's Cathedral. Malay Mosque. Dockland. G.P.O. By a water pump. Table Mountain. Tollgate. Romance of Cake Roads. Island of sorrow. Blaauwberg. The Athens Water babies. Bungalow beaches. Roundhouse. Camps Bay. Fishing village. Silver trees. Royal Observatory. Night vigil. Brooding spirit. Electric express. Wind in my sails. Newlands. The Met. Kirstenbosch. Groot Constantia. Haunt of the Heron. First Callers. False Bay Riviera. Simonstown. Cape Point. Condition: Green cloth hardcover discoloured with bumped corners and spine ends : marks to endpapers from adhesive tape: the occasional foxing spot: contents very clean and good. Overall acceptable and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Cape Cameos by Barbara Campbell Tait. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Cape Cameos by Barbara Campbell Tait.
We have many other books in our The World - Its Countries, and Divisions section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire The World - Its Countries, and Divisions category.