- Book Title: Our Country's Shells and How to Know Them . A guide to the British mollusca
- Author: W. J. Gordon
- ISBN: mw001232132
- Publisher: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, K
- Year Published: undated circa 1920
- Our Normal Price: £50.60 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £45.54 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent undated but probably early 20th-century: black lettering and mollusc emblem to front: no dust jacket: 152 pages including 33 coloured plates showing illustrations of every species of British Mollusc, plus black and white original diagrams by A Lambert. Synopsis: A scholarly, detailed, and comprehensively illustrated guide to British mollusca. The book includes a list of local and popular names, an index of the coloured plates, 33 full-page coloured plates of the British molluscs and the following chapters, many of which include diagrams: -- Chapter 3, Cuttlefishes. Chapter 4, Multi-Valves and Bivalves. Chapter 5, Univalves . Chapter 6, Tabular Scheme. Chapter 7, Identification . Chapter 8, Glossary. Chapter 9, Classes, Orders, and Sub Orders. Chapter 10, Orders and Families. Chapter 11, Families and Genera. Chapter 12, Genera and Species. Chapter 13, List of Species. Condition: corners and spine ends slightly bumped: paper slightly tanned: overall good and very collectable
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Our Country's Shells and How to Know Them . A guide to the British mollusca by W. J. Gordon. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Our Country's Shells and How to Know Them . A guide to the British mollusca by W. J. Gordon.
We have many other books in our Natural History - General section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Natural History - General category.