Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
Social Sciences / Anthropology & Sociology / The Adventurous Thirties. A chapter in the women's movement by Janet E Courtney
Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Book Title: The Adventurous Thirties. A chapter in the women's movement
- Author: Janet E Courtney
- ISBN: mw0012344444
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Year Published: 1937
- Our Normal Price: £26.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £23.76 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Oxford University Press, October 1937 reprint of the December 1933 first edition: Brown cloth hardcover: approximately 6 x 9 inches tall: 279 pages plus index. Synopsis : A collection of short biographical studies of progressive and important women of the early 20th-century . Contents. Introduction. One. The poets: Mrs Hemans . Caroline Southey. Two. The Annual lists. L.E.L. . Caroline Norton. Three. Voyagers to India: Moria Jewsbury. Mrs Elwood. Emma Roberts. Emily Eden. Four. Critics of America: Frances Trollope. Harriet Martineau. Lady Emmeline Stuart-Wortley. Five. The Philanthropists: Elizabeth Fry. Harriet Martineau. Angela Burdett -Coutts. Six. The Salons. Lady Holland. Lady Blessington. Lady Ashburton. Condition: cover heavily discoloured: upper spine edge worn : two small slits to spine/ front cover edge : bookseller's small label to front end paper :1944 ownership inscription to front end paper : good quality, hand cut pages: contents very clean and good: overall acceptable and collectable.
- Condition: Used- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as The Adventurous Thirties. A chapter in the women's movement by Janet E Courtney. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for The Adventurous Thirties. A chapter in the women's movement by Janet E Courtney.
We have many other books in our Anthropology & Sociology section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Anthropology & Sociology category.