- Book Title: Strange Superstitions and Magical Practices
- Author: William J Fielding
- ISBN: mw00123456
- Publisher: Circle Books
- Year Published: 1945
- Our Normal Price: £22.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £19.80 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Circle Books ( The Blakiston Company, Philadelphia) 1945: First edition : wine- coloured buckram hardcover with blue title panel to spine: dust jacket: approx 5.5" x 8.5" tall: 273 pages including index. Synopsis: A study of the origins of superstition, and the historical development of magic. Contents: Foreword. 1.The universality of superstitions. 2. The magical symbolism of numbers. 3. Science, omens and warnings. 4. Rings , amulets and talismans. 5. Gems and precious stones. 6. The Sun and other heavenly bodies. 7. Mythology and the calendar. 8. The magic of taboo. 9. Fairies, brownies and incubi. 10. Black magic and the evil eye. 11. Popular belief in witchcraft. 12. Human souls in animal bodies. 13. Magic for healing and self-preservation. 14. Magic invoked for the national welfare. 15. Magic to insure fertility. 16. Dreams and the dreamworld. 17. The magic of sex symbolist. 18. Courtship and the betrothal. 19. The wedding and the honeymoon. 20. Modern survivals of superstitions. Index Condition: upper edges of dust jacket rubbed; overall clean and good.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Strange Superstitions and Magical Practices by William J Fielding. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Strange Superstitions and Magical Practices by William J Fielding.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.