- Book Title: Our Armoured Forces
- Author: Lt. Gen Sir G. Le Q. Martel
- ISBN: mw001234987
- Publisher: Faber & Faber
- Year Published: 1945
- Our Normal Price: £25.30 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £22.77 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Faber and Faber 1945: black cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: no dust jacket: 406 pages including index and two fold- in maps: 15 black and white maps. Synopsis: The author's survey of the development and use of the armoured forces before and during the Second World War , written mainly from the point of view of the British Command , but including references to the American and Russian armoured units. Appendices to explain military terms, notes and abbreviations used in the text are included. Contents. Preface. Introduction. One: Progress before the Second World War. Two: The early days of the Second World War. Three: The first battle of Libya. Four:The creation of our Armoured Forces. Five: The second Battle of Libya. Six: The absorption of the armoured forces. Seven:The third battle of Libya. Eight: A survey of the general situation. Nine : The battle of Egypt. 10: The North African campaign. Eleven :The operations in Russia up till the spring. 12: The capture of Sicily and the operations in Italy. 13:The state of affairs in the Spring of 1944. 15: The campaign on the Western Front 1944 – 45. 15: The final phases of the war. Appendix A: Military terms. Appendix B: Notes on specifications. Appendix C : Small tanks and cavalry. Appendix D: Organisation of armoured divisions. Appendix E: A modern organisation for the army. Appendix F: The experiences from the use of large armoured formations on the Russian front. Appendix G: Preparations for increased armoured forces. Appendix H: A tank army. Condition: cover slightly faded; paper slightly tanned. very clean and good overall.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Our Armoured Forces by Lt. Gen Sir G. Le Q. Martel. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Our Armoured Forces by Lt. Gen Sir G. Le Q. Martel.
We have many other books in our History & Prediction -Military section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History & Prediction -Military category.