- Book Title: Links of Leadership
- Author: John Laffin
- ISBN: mw00214536
- Publisher: George Harrap
- Year Published: 1966
- Our Normal Price: £26.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £23.76 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: George Harrap 1966, first edition: red cloth hardcover: silver lettering to spine: 304 pages including index : black and white full-page maps and plans. Synopsis : An in-depth and widely researched study of the World's Great Generals, their campaigns and successful battles. The author believed that every victorious military commander inherited something of his ability from his professional predecessors: this book sets out to prove that military victories throughout history are the consequence of this inheritance.Contents. Chapters entitled: -- The Hunger for Glory. Gideon Started It. The Moral Element and Mobility. Unorthodoxy at Marathon. Claudius Nero's march to the Metaurus. Teutoburger Wald, The First German Battle of Annihilation. Command from 378 ( Adrionaple ) to 732 ( Tours ). Charlemagne; Genghis Khan and Sabutai; Eadward 111, Crecy. The Age of Innovation: The Janissaries;du Guesclin's Phantom army; Mahomet, Master Gunner; The Magnificent Defence of Constantinople; Isabella, Master quartermaster, Gustavus, Father of Modern War. Cromwell; the Ironsides; the Battle of Naseby. Turenne ; Marlborough; Eugene ; Charles XII. Frederick and his System;The battles of Rossbach and Leuthen. War In Three Continents: Clive, Wolfe , and Washington; Prussian influence on the American Army; the new era at Valmy. Napoleon, Product of History. Austerlitz , A Lesson in the Art of War. Prussian Collapse and Prussian Reform. Clausewitz, High Priest of War; Wellington. The Battle of Solforeno, 1859. 10 tempestuous years: the American civil war; Moltke introduces technical war; the Battle of Koniggratz ; the French collapse. The Not- so- Great War: The German Spartan system; The French Roman system; 1900 - 18; Decline in the Art of War. The Germans Apply History -- the Prelude to Alamein. Montgomery and Rommel; A Return to the Personality General. Alamein, a Battle won, a Pursuit lost; Napoleon -- Montgomery. Full Circle and the Future. Appendix:Sun Tzu. Bibliography. Index. Condition: cover slightly marked: overall clean, firm, good, and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Links of Leadership by John Laffin. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Links of Leadership by John Laffin.
We have many other books in our History & Prediction -Military section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History & Prediction -Military category.