- Book Title: More Rhodesian Rhymes
- Author: Cullen Gouldsbury
- ISBN: mw002221113
- Publisher: Bulawayo, Philpott and Collins
- Year Published: 1913
- Our Normal Price: £66.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £59.40 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Bulawayo, Philpott and Collins 1913: first edition green cloth hardcover: no dust jacket: 136 pages.Synopsis: A collection of poetry published by Cullen Gouldsbury , whose early 20th century writing was described as " verses of African sunshine ". This sequel to Rhodesian Rhymes ( published in 1909) contains the following:--. The Caravan. The Cry in the Night . On the road. The Last Will and Testament. On the Verandar . The Old Story. A Song in Season. Before Dawn . The Councillor. Two Songs From The Mashona. On The Move. The Bachelor's Dog. An Open letter. In the Smoke. Graves of the North. The Sable Suffragette. A Riddle of Roads. Then and Now. The Pioneers . Bush Madrigal. The Man who Wouldn't go Home. Retrospect. The Magic Plains. Chungu on Progress. The Administrators. The Buccaneers. The Mwavi Tree. The Chisanguka. The Emigration of St Peter. Niger, sed Pulcherrimus. A Song of Praise. The Resolutions of a Rhodesian in the New Year. The Rhodesian Rubaiyat . The Stiff's Lament. The Land of Make-believe. Work and Imagination. The Latest. Points of View. The Pleasure City. The Marriage Merchant. A Prehistoric Parable. Ingoldsby in Africa -- The legend of the remittance man. Timothy Bung, a legend of the early days. Dan Brown, a legend of the Greek quarter. A legend of Exeter Hall. Sandy McNab, a Society legend. Condition: cover discoloured: corners and spine ends bumped : gift inscription: endpapers discoloured: upper page addition to page 73 states in red ' The author wishes it to be clearly understood that all the verses in this volume from Page 73 onwards are merely reprints from the original "Rhodesian Rhymes" published in 1909, and have thus no reference whatever to controversial topics of the moment': overall acceptable and collectable
- Condition: Collectable- Acceptable
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as More Rhodesian Rhymes by Cullen Gouldsbury. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for More Rhodesian Rhymes by Cullen Gouldsbury.
We have many other books in our Antique & Vintage Books section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Antique & Vintage Books category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.