- Book Title: Roman Public Life
- Author: A h J Greenidge
- ISBN: mw008945231
- Publisher: Macmillan
- Year Published: 1930
- Our Normal Price: £31.90 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £28.71 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Macmillan and Company 1930, reprint of the 1901 first edition: blue cloth hardcover with indented decoration to front: gilt lettering to spine: approximately 5.25 x 7.75 inches tall: 483 pages including index. Contents: Chapter One : The Earliest Constitution of Rome. (The growth of the city. The elements of the population-patricians, plebeians, clients. Roman family organisation. The citizens and the political subdivisions of the state. The Monarchical Constitution. The Servian Constitution.) Chapter Two : The Growth of the Republican Constitution. Chapter Three : The Classes of the Population and the Theory of the Constitution in the Developed Republic. (The classes of the population. The theory of the constitution.) Chapter Four : The Magistracy. (General characteristics of the Magistracy. The individual Magistracies.) Chapter Five : The People and Its Powers. Chapter Six : The Senate. Chapter Seven : The International Relations of Rome and the Incorporation of Italy. Chapter Eight : The Organisation and Government of the Provinces. Chapter Nine . The Revolution and The Transition to the Principate. Chapter Ten : The Principate ( The powers of the Princeps. Titles insignia and honours of the Princeps. Creation, transmission, and abrogation of the Principate. The other powers in the state -The Magistracy, the Commitia, and the Senate. The Chief Departments of the State: the Dual Control of Senate and Princeps. The Senatorial and the Equestrian Nobility. The Functionaries of the Princeps.) Chapter Eleven : Italy and the Provinces under the Principate. (The Organisation of Italy. The Organisation of the Provinces. The Worship of the Emperor.) Appendix 1 : The Two Assemblies of the Tribes. Appendix 2: A Limitation of the Tribunate in the Reign of Nero. Index: --1) Of subjects.2) Of Latin words.3) Of passages from ancient authors referred to in the text. Condition: back cover slightly discoloured: spine ends and corners bumped: contents very clean: overall firm, good, and collectable
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Roman Public Life by A h J Greenidge. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Roman Public Life by A h J Greenidge.
We have many other books in our History -European & World . section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History -European & World . category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.