- Book Title: Curzon: The End of an Epoch.
- Author: Leonard Mosley
- ISBN: mw0138
- Publisher: Readers Union/ Longmans, Green
- Year Published: 1961
- Our Normal Price: £14.85 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £13.37 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Readers Union/ Longmans, Green & Co. 1961: first of this edition: hard cover in dust jacket :approx 5" x 8" tall: 301 pages including index: b/w photographic illustrations. Synopsis: A revealing 300 page biography of George Nathaniel Curzon. At the beginning of his work the author compares his subject to Sir George's Savile, first Marquess of Halifax, ( 1633 -95) describing the two as ' remarkable men whose enormous talents failed to earn them the ultimate rewards which they spent their lives in seeking. They died disappointed " He goes on to say "This biography is an attempt to explain, in the case of George Nathaniel Curzon why". The resulting comprehensive study of Curzon , set against the complicated background of British and British Empire politics during the first 25 years of the 20th century, results in a picture of a Viceroy, politician,and statesman, a complex and temperamental man, and the epoch in which he eventually endured domestic stress and political humiliation. Condition: dust cover edges rubbed and repaired: : overall very clean, firm and and good :
- Condition: Collectable- Very Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Curzon: The End of an Epoch. by Leonard Mosley. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Curzon: The End of an Epoch. by Leonard Mosley.
We have many other books in our History-British Political section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History-British Political category.