- Book Title: Shooting by Moor, Field and Shore.
- Author: Eric Parker
- ISBN: mw016
- Publisher: Seeley, Service $ Co
- Year Published: 1934
- Our Normal Price: £25.30 GBP ($33.14 USD)
- 22% Discounted Price: £19.73 GBP ($25.85 USD)
- Description: 1934: Seeley, Service $ Co. The Lonsdale Library Series: brown gingham hardcover with gilt lettering and decoration : brown and red dust jacket with added pictorial panels- shooting party to front, dog to spine: 380 pages including index: b/w tables, diagrams and photographic illustrations throughout. Synopsis. Dedicated during his brief reign as King , to Edward Prince of Wales, this volume of general instruction on shooting on moor, field and shore, contains one hundred and fifty illustrations and advice by fourteen experts on game preservation, dog training, The Law ( as it was in 1934 ), syndicate management, a gamekeeper's duties, diseases of game birds, first aid, and game cookery. The chapters are: -- 1) The gun and general ballistics by Major Hugh Pollard. 2) General shooting hints by Leslie Sprake, 3) Clothing and equipment by Leslie Sprake. 4) The partridge, natural history by Derek Parker. 5) The partridge, preservation by Eric Barker. 6) The partridge, shooting by Eric Parker. 7) The grouse, natural history and preservation by Derek Parker. 8)The grouse, shooting by Derek Parker. 9)The pheasant, natural history by Leslie Sprake. 10) The pheasant, rearing and stocking by Leslie Sprake. . 11) The pheasant, shooting by Leslie Sprake. 12) A note on the pheasant plumage by Eric Parker. 13 ) The Woodcock (England) by P. D. Williams. 14) The Woodcock (Scotland) by Ian Ramsay. 15 ) The Snipe by Francis Cautley . 16 ) Black game by Eric Parker. 17) The capercaillie by Derek Parker. 18) The Ptarmigan by Derek Parker. 19 ) Hare drives by Eric Parker. 20 ) Wild geese and wild goose shooting by J.C Nichols. 22 )Punt gunning by J. C. M. Nicholls. 23) Shore birds and Shore Shooting by J. C.M. Nichols. 24) The rough shoot by Richard Clapham. 25) The rough shoe (continued) by Richard Clapham. 26) On the management of a syndicate by (XYZ) . 27) The modern gamekeeper and his duties by A Hipgrave. 28 ) The diseases of game birds. 29 ) Field trials by Major Maurice Portal. 30) The training of spaniels and retrievers this by Lt. Colonel G.H. Badcock. 31) The training of pointers and setters by Dugald Macintyre. 32) The legal aspect of shooting by Albert F. l. Bacon. 33) First aid and shooting accidents by James Andrews. 34) The Cookery of game by Major Hugh Pollard. Indices Condition: dust jacket tired, with edges rubbed: hardcover fresh and bright: page edges, end papers and the occasional page foxed:small areas of discolouration caused by the addition of 3 bird-feathers to the text. Overall good, firm and collectable.
- Condition: Collectable- Good
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Shooting by Moor, Field and Shore. by Eric Parker. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Shooting by Moor, Field and Shore. by Eric Parker.
We have many other books in our Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Agriculture, Conservation, Countryside. category.
If you can't find the book you're looking for - there is still a good chance we have it in our off-line collection. Please fill in our off-line book request form here and we'll search our collection for you.