Total Items =
Total Price = £0.00 GBP ($0.00 USD)
History / History- Social & Commercial. / Life On The English Manor A study of peasant conditions 1140-1500 by H S Bennett
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- Book Title: Life On The English Manor A study of peasant conditions 1140-1500
- Author: H S Bennett
- ISBN: mw901
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Year Published: 1971
- Our Normal Price: £12.71 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £11.43 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Cambridge, at the University Press 1971, paperback: 364 pages including index. Synopsis: H S Bennett provides a comprehensive and in-depth picture of the daily and yearly round of the English peasant in the middle ages . He details the workings of the feudal system which linked the poor man to the soil and the services of his lord , or church; and the pattern of customary dues and rites, payments, labours , and small privileges. The author describes the pattern of medieval country life; the influence of the seasons; the state of contemporary knowledge; the place of religion in everyday life; the workings of a feudal justice system; and the popular attitudes to the social structure, and business of getting a living. Condition: some wear to cover edges : contents very clean: overall clean and good.
- Condition: Used- Good
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Paperback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Life On The English Manor A study of peasant conditions 1140-1500 by H S Bennett. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Life On The English Manor A study of peasant conditions 1140-1500 by H S Bennett.
We have many other books in our History- Social & Commercial. section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History- Social & Commercial. category.