- Book Title: Quiberon Bay the campaign in home waters 1759
- Author: Geoffrey Marcus
- ISBN: MW001441641
- Publisher: Hollis and Carter
- Year Published: 1960
- Our Normal Price: £27.50 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £24.75 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Hollis and Carter, 1960, 1st edition hardcover in dust jacket approximately 5.5 x 8.75 inches tall: 212 pages including index and appendices on The Press Gang. Hygiene and Supply. Divisions. Flogging. The Teinouse Passage. The Rival Fleets. The Loss of the Resolution: Coloured frontispiece and 4 black and white full-page illustrations. Synopsis: A scholarly analysis of the decisive victory of the Battle of Quiberon Bay, fought against the French by the English in home waters in 1759, in a raging sea and a rising north westerly gale, off one of the most hazardous lee shores in Europe. The volume includes a comprehensive background of the Seven-Year War struggle between Great Britain and France for maritime, commercial and colonial supremacy; and the revolution in British naval strategy which led to an England free from invasion, and the establishment of British power in India and North America. Contents include chapters entitled:- The struggle for the Ohio. Pitts strategy in North America. Choiseuls Counter-stroke. Anson and the naval defensive. The fleet in Torbay. Hawke sails for the Ushant. The Fleet forced off its Station. Keeping the sea. The invasion alarm. The blockade of the transports. Hawke in Plymouth Sound. The success of Pitts strategy. November gales. Conflans sails from Brest. Hawke in pursuit of the French. Quiberon Bay. Aftermath. The Winter campaign. The great Fifty-nine. Illustrations include- Torbay from Donnes map of Devon(1765), and 3 illustrations of Ushant from the Little Sea Torch edited by D.Serres. Condition: some wear and repair to dust jacket : price corner intact: blue cloth hardcover and contents very clean and good.
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: Yes
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Quiberon Bay the campaign in home waters 1759 by Geoffrey Marcus. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Quiberon Bay the campaign in home waters 1759 by Geoffrey Marcus.
We have many other books in our History & Prediction -Military section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire History & Prediction -Military category.