- Book Title: Fisherman's Fly and other studies
- Author: David Jacques
- ISBN: MWO0555321
- Publisher: Adam and Charles Black
- Year Published: 1965
- Our Normal Price: £20.90 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- 10% Discounted Price: £18.81 GBP ($0.00 USD)
- Description: Adam and Charles Black, 1965: first edition orange brown cloth hardcover with gilt lettering to spine: approximately 5.5 x 8.7 inches tall: 124 pages including index: colour frontispiece: 12 black and white photographic plates: inset black and white diagrams and drawings. Synopsis: A collection of studies of particular interest to the fly fisherman, written by an author whose relevant studies occurred on the lower Hampshire Avon. T he first of the seventeen articles is entitled Fishermans Fly, and features the Gannom or Green- tail fly, i. e. an early Caddis or Sedge, the Srachycentrus subnubilus. The other studies are entitled as follows: – Flyfishing Ideology. The Blue -Winged Olive. The Sherry Spinner. The Mayfly. The Plankton Net. The Take of the Brown Trout. Dry- Fly Animation. Low Water Fishing. Tolerance in Dry Flies. Indiscriminate Mating of Insects. Unblinded by Science. Dry- Fly Presentation. Curiosities of Trout Fishing. Fanfare for Halford. A Salmon in the Donkey Pool. The Ex-President. A bibliography and index conclude the volume. Condition: no dust jacket: hardcover slightly marked: overall cleaned, good and collectable
- Condition: See Above
- Dustcover: No
- Binding: Hardback
- Type: Used Books
Mary Ward Books is an independent online bookstore specialising
in second hand, out of print books and used books such as Fisherman's Fly and other studies by David Jacques. We offer a book search facility and
secure payments via PayPal and Nochex.
We aim to be of service, please click here to read our testimonials from past customers - and please feel free to leave your own feedback!
Mary Ward Books is based in East Anglia, United Kingdom. We were established in 1997 and have been selling books online since 2002. We ship worldwide, please click here to see our shipping charges for Fisherman's Fly and other studies by David Jacques.
We have many other books in our Angling section for sale of which below is a selection - Please feel free to browse them or press the 'continue shopping' button below to see the entire Angling category.